It is too obvious, and needs only fictional support for the obviousness to be even more apparent than is already deeply obvious. I think we’re toast.
Observe the Conservapedia identifying the clotheslessness of the American Liberal, né Progressive.
Quoth Conservapedia: The style of a liberal often includes these characteristics:
1. Uses the term “controversial” to describe what he opposes (e.g., classroom prayer), but not to describe what he supports (e.g., theory of evolution)
C. I think Jesus Christ should be praised in our schools by all students, regardless of their personal beliefs.
L. That seems illegal, and controversial to boot.
C. [Does shocker gesture in mock surprise]
2. A lack of originality and a predominance of copying and imitating.
C. Hey check out this Malkin post with 500 trackbacks!
L. I agree with this digby post on a topic very important to me, the direction of our country.
3. Virtually never criticize hateful comments or behavior by a fellow liberal.
C. Why have you not commented about serious problems at Republic of Dogs?
L. I was unaware of such a post.
C. Your silence on this issue spe- er, is very telling.
4. Obsession with the media, and even the few conservatives in the media.
L. Why are David Brooks and Bill Kristol wrong all the time? Also, the entire network devoted to Conservatives, Fox News?
C. You want to have their babies. You sicken me.
5. Like to use the phrase “Silence Speaks Volumes”
L. Hey, are you going to respond to the contradictory nature of issues 5 and 7?
C. I’m not going to dignify that.
L. Whatever flo’s yer bo. Anyhoo, I’m going to this talk tonight, Joe Silence is going to do some readings from The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, entitled “Silence [muffled]…”
Continue reading ‘The Unannotated Liberal Style’